- Secure portable heaters up against a wall to stop them from falling over.
- Keep them away from bedding, curtains and clothing – anything which could catch fire.
- Never use portable heaters for drying clothes and turn them off before you go to bed.
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you want to fit your own gas appliances (like a fire in a spare fireplace), it's essential that you employ a 'Gas Safe' registered engineer to do the work. Contact us if you’d like any advice on installing additional gas appliances.
If you have a gas supply, it's really important that you know where and how to turn it off in an emergency (it's usually located outside, where the gas pipes enter your property). A gas leak is a fire risk and carbon monoxide risk.
Find out more about our gas safety and keeping you and your home safe here