Keeping you safe in your home is a top priority for us. We have a legal duty to check all the gas appliances in your home every 12 months and give you a valid gas safety certificate.
Faulty gas appliances can cause fire and explosion, so we need to check that everything is in good working order. Carbon monoxide can also leak from faulty appliances - it's colourless and has no smell, but in high doses this can kill in less than five minutes.
As well as the safety check, we'll service your heating appliances and check your smoke alarms and any carbon monoxide detectors.
Keeping your appointment
Each year we'll give you a gas safety check appointment. If you can't make this appointment, please contact us as soon as possible (or call us if your appointment's today or tomorrow), so we can re-book your appointment and give the slot to someone else.
What you can expect
- We'll complete your annual gas safety check (and any work that's needed) first time, whenever possible.
- We'll make sure all our engineers are 'Gas Safe' registered.
- Our employees and contractors will work in a professional way, and not you cause any unnecessary disruption.
There are some things that you can do to prepare for your appointment.
- Please make sure someone over the age of 18 is in your property the whole time we're there - as we can't be in your property unsupervised.
- Clear the area in and around your appliances to give us easy access.
- Make sure you have money in the meter, as we'll need to run the appliances to check them.
By signing your tenancy agreement you've agreed to allow us into your home for your gas safety check. If you don't respond or repeatedly refuse to give us access to your property, we'll apply for a court order to do so, and you could even lose your home. Please don't let it get to this stage. If you have any concerns, please contact us as soon as possible and we can talk through any worries.