Paying your rent

Paying your rent

MySovereign is the home of managing your tenancy and it makes it easy to pay your rent online. It's been recently rebuilt and the new site is faster, more reliable and more user-friendly. We're going to be introducing new services over the coming months too, so watch this space. It's easy to register or log in here.

Please remember to make your payment in advance so that we receive it before your rent is due.

You can also view your rent statements on MySovereign. Choose to download a statement for the last month or the latest three, six or 12 months. If you need a statement going back further than this, please email us on contact@sovereign.org.uk. 

Rent-clear weeks

Paying during your rent-clear weeks can be a great way to reduce your arrears or build up some rent in advance. Find out more about them by reading our FAQs.

More about rent and service charges

We use the rent and service charges we receive to provide services and carry out improvements to your home and estate. That's why it’s important you keep your payments up to date.

Please don’t forget, your rent needs to be paid in advance. This means you should be paying your rent at the start of each week you’re in your home, not the end.

Download a calendar for more details:

As there are actually 53 Mondays in the 2019-2020 financial year, the calendars also explain what that means for your payments or please contact us if you need to know more.

Not paying in advance yet, or struggling to pay your rent? Please contact us as soon as possible. We can set up a plan and give you advice if you’re worried about your rent. 

There is also lots of advice about managing your money and dealing with debt on our advice and support pages

If you want help getting to grips with your finance, download our free guide: Managing your money [pdf / 1011KB].

How can I pay my rent and service charge?

You can pay securely online through MySovereign. It's easy to log in or register.

  • If you'd like to set up a Direct Debit, please contact us and we'll help you to do this. Please remember that if you pay monthly by Direct Debit and your tenancy ends part way through the year, there may still be a balance left for you to pay.
  • You can pay using your credit or debit card, any time of day or night, by calling our automated payment line on 0845 6000 153.  You'll need your payment pin for this.
  • We can also talk you through other ways to pay if you're not sure what's best for you, so please give us a call if you need help.
  • Please note that it may take up to three working days for payments to show on your rent account.
  • Did you know you can check your rent balance online? Log on to MySovereign to find out more.


If you need help with managing your money or claiming welfare benefits, our Tenancy support team can help.

Tenancy Support
If you need support to get into training, work or better work, speak with our Employment and Training team.

Employment Support