Around 80% of households receive nuisance phone calls and bogus door to door callers every year
Make sure you protect yourself:
- Ask the visitor to come back later, if they are legitimate they won’t mind
- Ask for ID, look for a branded van and check their uniform
- Never give out money or personal information
- Do not mention that you will be on holiday or away from your home
- If you are unsure about the visitor do not invite them into your home
- If you are in any doubt of a caller you can contact Trading Standards on 01224 523737 or the Police on 101. In the event of an emergency you should call 999
What to expect from us and our contractors:
Before the works we'll
- Agree in advance the date and time of any home visits.
- Write to you to explain what we’re planning to do and give you the relevant contact details.
- Arrange a visit before the works begin if necessary, to discuss the plans.
- Let you know if we need to change an appointment, and re-book the appointment.
During the works we’ll
- Wear identification badges with a photograph.
- Explain to you what we’re going to do.
- Carry out all work in a safe and professional manner and follow health and safety regulations.
- Treat your possessions with respect, including using suitable protection, such as dustsheets, to prevent dirt, dust or other damage.
- Clear away all dust and rubbish from your home at the end of each day.
- Make sure your home is secure at all times, and let you know if doors and windows have to be left open.
If you have any doubts about a visitor or a caller from Sovereign then please contact us.
Action Fraud is the UK’s national reporting centre for fraud and cybercrime where you can report fraud if you’ve been scammed, defrauded or experienced cyber crime.